Thursday, February 12, 2015

Meal Planning 101

Meal planning is so crucial to sticking to a healthy balanced diet, and I wanted to share a wonderful list that I came across while reading a blog I follow!  (www.prayersandapples.com/blog)

This is a meal planner she constructed that I think so perfectly captures what meal planning should look like!

The first step is to probably think about what snacks and meals you want to have through-out the day!

I don't plan for the whole week, I usually take it 2 days at a time since I cook my meat everyday so it's fresh.

So when I make dinner I usually make enough to have for lunch the next day, and then I plan out my snacks for the next day. I will separate everything out into containers or bags the night before so that in the morning I throw them into my lunch box and I am ready to go!

I usually think about what types of meals I want for the week, for example:



 Monday:

  • Breakfast: Shakeology, eggs
  • Snack: oatmeal with blueberries
  • Lunch: Chicken with squash
  • snack: cottage cheese
  • Snack: ham slices, nuts, 1/2 apple
  • Dinner: Spaghetti with ground beef
  • Snack: protein shake, greek yogurt
That dinner becomes the lunch for the next day so I only have to cook 1 meal a day. So when I grocery shop I have a general idea of what types of meals I want for the week and so it makes it easy to have everything I need so I have zero excuses to pick something up that I shouldn't be eating.

If you want to print this meal planner I am including the link that her blog so graciously has posted:Meal Planner

I hope this was helpful!

Enjoy
xoxox

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen! So glad you liked the meal planner! And thanks so much for reading! :) Wishing you lots of luck with your meal planning! xo Jessica

    ReplyDelete